George Henry Medlicott came from The Llan, Hyssington, near Bishops Castle. After qualifying as a solicitor, and in or about 1879 he set up as a solicitor with offices in Shrewsbury and Knighton. In the mid-1880s the office in Shrewsbury closed, and he practised full-time at Knighton where, in 1905, he purchased the old office in Station Street.
George Henry Medlicott had three sons, two of whom went into the law. The eldest started in practice with his father after the First World War, then moved away. The other, Richard Oscar Rees Medlicott, came to the law later in life. Having qualified as a solicitor, he took over the practice from his father in the 1930s and practised in Knighton until his death in 1972. His son, Peter James Medlicott joined his father as a partner in 1968 and, after his father's death, continued to practise until recently as a sole practitioner. He retired in June 2012.
In Bishop's Castle, Henry Newill practised as a solicitor from Bank House (next door to the present offices). His son, P. H. Newill later joined him and there was then a succession of family members who practised in the town. From 1915 to 1985 Franklin Lavender (Town Clerk and solicitor) had an office at 1 Castle Street that later became a branch office of the mid-Wales firm of Williams, Gittins & Tomleys run by a then partner Susan Snow (nee Tomley). Sue formed her own firm of 'Snows' in 1988, and by then was the only full-time solicitor's practice in Bishop's Castle.
Sue retired in 2004, and the firm was subsequently taken over by Caroline Denham and Robin Wayne.
In April 2008, the two firms of Geo. H. Medlicott & Son, and Snows solicitors merged to become Medlicott Snows, thereby enhancing their ability to provide legal services in the Welsh/Shropshire/Herefordshire border area.They have a strong presence in Knighton with a considerable amount of local knowledge and professional expertise.
In January 2015 Caroline Denham retired from the practice.